I’m not in the mood for New Year’s resolutions for 2014, I’m looking at starting a New Year’s Revolution. I’m not interested in making little change to enhance my life. I’m looking at making the massive modifications necessary to achieve the goals I have been setting for my life.Sadly have spent the bulk of the 18 months since my separation drifting. Even for a time after meeting The Auteur, I spent a good amount of time, going through the proverbial motions – half-assing school, work…drifting.
As I have stated before, I got comfortable living with my parents. I wasn’t happy, but I was comfortable. Since moving in with The Auteur, I’ve had known what I want, but haven’t known how to achieve those goals. I’m not pretending I have all the answers – or that I even know all the questions – but I feel that I have much more direction to my life than I’ve had in years.
- I am turning 40 this year. Forty. FORTY!
- I need to get my teaching certificate re-instated. Period. I would like to have that done by the end of this school year.
- I need to get a new car. Not necessarily a new car, but at least a new-to-me car.
- I need to find a way to get The Kid up to Michigan at least twice this year: for 1 month during the summer and a week at Christmas time. I would like to also possibly make a trip to see him down South.
- I would like to plan at least one vacation with The Auteur this year. I’m not sure where yet – I do have some ideas – but we need to get outta Dodge for a few days or a week at least once this year.
- I want to blog much more frequently.
- I have another idea or two in the works; but quite honestly, they are so cool that I don’t want to even discuss them in the event that they don’t come together.
- No more secrets. no more lies. No more bullshit.
I’ve spent the last 18 months trying to reassess who I am, where I’ve been and finally what I want. It is now time for me to GET what I want. This blog will most likely take on a more pro-active tone in the days, weeks and months to come. Stay tuned.
“What is past is prologue” – William Shakespeare. The Tempest
- New Year’s Resolution Revolution (houseofmuscle.wordpress.com)
- It’s a New Years Revolution! (wenchinthought.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Resolve, Revolt! What Are Your New Year’s REVOLUTIONS? (bulletsfirst.net)